I have been sewing along with Project Run and Play, found here.
Both pieces are heavily altered Geranium Dresses. You can buy the pattern here.
I included a little bit of hand embroidery to make it more authentically ‘Potter’ related.
The base dress is fully lined. I altered the bodice making the buttons in the front, adding a stand up collar, sleeves etc.
The collar was very easy to do and I love how it turned out. Would be so nice and snuggly with tights for winter.
Buttons detail. Unfortunately I did not have 4 the same.
The over dress is a bit of an apron/play cover. The pieces are pretty similar – I took about 4″ off the length of the skirt and about an inch off the back bodice so it would sit nice and open to show the dress underneath. My machine did not really like sewing this fabric – it was too soft and fine. I am glad I used it though as it has been in my stash quite a while and it will be such a nice lining for the dress.