What I have been sewing for me lately.

I moved on from the base washi dress with its elastic/shirring in the back to make one with a zipper. I wanted a dress that would look a bit more dressy so I altered it into a fitted bodice.

Other changes included extending the bodice by about 4″ and a fully lined bodice. 

Not bad for a first attempt but I didn’t really have enough of this blue fabric to make the skirt properly. I also made the mistake of finishing the zipper at the end of the bodice – I had to unpick the skirt and zipper and skirt seam to extend the zip by another 2″ or so inches. It does now fit well and is comfortable – so it is a good summer dress or maybe over leggings in Winter.

The Wiksten tank is always on my sewing table – I have one cut out ready to go always. It is just so quick and easy.

 

After seeing this version of the Washi Dress expansion pack I really wanted to try it out. Here is my first attempt at view C (with the above mentioned alterations). 


The verdict: I love the sleeves. Really it is a nice touch. The collar, not so much. It makes the dress feel more like a uniform then a dress. I will give this another go though using the regular washi method (elastic encasing instead of shirring) with only the sleeves and not the collar.

 
 
Linking up HERE today.

1 Comment

  1. I am very impressed with your versions! I am getting so inspired by seeing lots of different garment sewing today! Thank you for linking up to SEWjo Saturday!

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Orders will only be sent out once fully paid for, this includes all shipping costs.

%d bloggers like this: